Ai SolventVap 10L series rotary evaporators is now ETL tested to UL/CSA standards. This certification is required by many municipalities, and it also provides a higher standard of equipment safety and lifespan. SolventVap comes with all PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. We also lowered the height of assembled unit, for easy installation and ease of use and storage. Also come with them are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 130 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 2.6 gallon (10 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 1.3 gallon (5 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- UL 61010-1 and CSA C22.2 certified, standard. CE certification optional.
- Water bath cover enhances safety by protecting evaporating flask and the material inside; it gives you uniform temperature inside evaporation flask as well as energy saving by reducing heat loss. It also creates a better lab environment by preventing heat and humidity from escaping.
- New stronger swivel casters can be securely adjusted to accommodate uneven floor.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
| Electrical requirements
||220V 50/60Hz single phase, 22A, 4800 watt (rotation motor: 250 watts)|
| Evaporating flask
Capacity: 2.6 gallon (10 liters or 0.35 cu ft)
Maximum load: Not to exceed 60% of the flask's capacity
Sealing flange: 3.7" diameter
Rotation speed: 10 to 130 rpm
Evaporating speed: 0.85 gallon/hour (water), 1.7 gallon/hour (alcohol)
| Receiving flask
|| 1.3 gallon (5 liters or 0.18 cu ft)
|Condenser|| Glassware: Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps, vertical
Chilling fluid conneciton: 3/8" hose barb x 4 (2 on main + 2 on auxiliary)
| Working environment
|| 5 to 95°F
| Water bath
|| Temperature range: ambient to 99°C (210°F)
Temperature controller: digital
Dimensions: 13.8" diameter x 8.7" depth x 11" height
Material: stainless steel
Number of heaters: two
Drain port: one
Exterior liner: rubber
Maximum lifting distance: 4 inches
|| Vacuum level: < 3 torrs
Vacuum sealing: PTFE + Vinton gaskets
Vacuum connection: 3/8" hose barb x 1 on main condenser
| Swivel casters
|| Four, built-in with locks
|Safety|| Dry-run, over-temp shut-off, built-in circuit breakers
|Shipping weight||200 Lb (evaporator), 100 Lb (glassware)|
| Unit dimensions
|| 36 x 22 x 67" (WxDxH)
|Shipping dimensions||39 x 22 x 44" (evaporator), 30 x 25 x 28" (glassware) (WxDxH)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.